Anna Salman Releases a New Song "I'd Like To Think"

After partying ways from The All Girl Band and going solo, Anna Salman Dar has been on a roll. The young singer-songwriter has been writing, composing, and releasing her originals quite frequently. Recently, the singer from Lahore has released another original song, "I'd Like to Think".

Anna Salman Dar releases her new song, "I'd Like to Think".

Even by Anna's own standards, the degree of vulnerability on her new song “I'd Like to Think,” is unmatched. Originally envisioned as a mature explication of her fear of being forgotten by others, “I'd Like to Think” is a song so gut-wrenching that many will relate to the emotion of the song and may take a trip down the memory lane. 

Speaking about the inspiration of the song, Anna says, "I believe the song was inspired by my fear of being forgotten by others. I feel like I share this fear with many others. As though we’ve never left an imprint on anyone. I think most of us have felt a love that is magical and so intense but it doesn’t end up working out."

"They end up being that one person you always hoped things would change with in time and it just becomes a struggle to accept the circumstances. I also felt that love in my life and despite many chances, it failed to make its place. I'd Like To Think was simply a way for me to express out loud to that person that I hope I'm more than just a lesson in your life, but someone who will remain irreplaceable," she added. 

"Heartfelt and pure" are two things that make Anna's songwriting special. Her innate ability to translate her feelings into words in a massive way that even the listeners can visualize is extraordinary. Besides the compelling words, her expressive style of singing does the rest of the job to take you to her world and experience the same what she has been going through. A rare quality to have as a young musician, especially in Pakistan. 

Speaking exclusively to Musicians of Pakistan, Anna Salman also revealed a bit of her song-writing process and how it takes normal than usual. "This song was written in parts. I started writing the chorus in the summer and finished the rest afterwards because I ended up losing my chain of thought (happens a lot with me during songwriting)."

"I'd Like to Think" has been produced by Arsalan Hassan and the video editing is done by Abu Bakar Zahid. Anna is all praises for Arsalan Hassan's mastery. "Arsalan is the best when it comes to creating songs that make you feel nostalgic," she said. 

Originally the song was supposed to have a male's voice also, which could not happen but Anna believes that there can be another version of the song. While we would definitely want to listen to a different perspective of the song, "I'd Like to Think" is going to be in our playlist for a while. The song is one of a kind, at a time when commercial music is taking over, such songs continue to carve their own way and artists like Anna Salman Dar know how to make that happen. 

Check out "I'd Like to Think" here: ;

Comments